Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 17 February 2016

A personal list for 2016

   I have neglected my blog in the recent months. And after taking a good look at it, I decided it would be a good time to start paying some more attention to it. In the past, I had a burning desire to write. About anything, it didn't matter the topic. As long as I could get my voice out there, that was enough. And it wasn't even about my voice, I just felt like I had all this potential and I wanted to let it out. Having read a few of my older articles, I began to feel inspired... by me. I get that irresistable urge to write once again. I'm going to be kicking things off with an "easy" topic and hopefully things will start to move on from there.
   This year promises to be great for video games. A lot of triple-A titles coming out for the next-gen consoles, some of them have been anticipated for years. But, we've been over that already in a previous article. Here I'm going to be making a list of the games I'M looking forward to personally and WHY I'm looking forward to them. Before I begin, I would like to say that I would've included Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 on this list, but that game already came out. Mediocre to good is my opinion of it. Moving on.
   The first game on my list of things to look forward to in 2016 (in absolutely no order) is Mirror's Edge: Catalyst. This is a re-imagining of the previous Mirror's Edge game and not some sort of sequel according to recent reports. The reason I'm looking forward to this is because of its beautiful graphics (I mean, seriously, main character Faith could just be someone on the street and you wouldn't know it), the interesting art direction (everything looks futuristic and I'm so down for that!), the gameplay (it looks like a shooter, but there are no guns!) and the story (just check out this trailer!)



   Next on my list is The Last Guardian. This is a game about a little boy and a giant winged creature of uknkown origins. The creature responds to the boy's (and, in advance, the player's) commands. It's a puzzle game created by the same people that made Shadow of the Colossus, not that I ever played that game. It was announced ages ago and there's something about it that is very... intriguing to say the least. In order to spend so much time creating something, it has to be good!
   Yet another title I am greatly anticipating is South Park: The Fractured But Whole (yeah, laugh it out...). Despite its hilarious name and origins, this actually promises to be a great game if it follows in the footsteps of its predecessor "The Stick Of Truth". There was an amazing, old-school RPG system in that game that actually fit the South Park cardboard cut-out art-style perfectly. If they can keep that intact and just update the movesets, that'd be great. Also, this is South Park so the player is already familiar with the characters, the world he's in, etc. Another hilarious adventure awaits.



   This is one you might see coming. Final Fantasy XV. This blog has these games mentioned A LOT and let me prep you cause you might see this one even more after March! The reason for this anticipation, apart from my own love of Final Fantasy games and considering for the sake of argument that this was a standalone title with a different name, is the promising story (who doesn't want to save a kingdom while taking a road trip?), the incredible graphics (don't think I've seen anything better, except for maybe Uncharted 4), the areas (there will be towns like Altissia all around) and the music (just google Omnis Lacrima). Some might also mention the battle system, but after Duscae I'm still up in the air about that.
   For the end, I'm going to mention the titles of a few other titles that have my interest, but are going to have to do better if they want my attention. And I'll elaborate. Adr1ft is an indie game in which you control an astronaut who is in a destroyed space station. And he's all alone. Now that sounds interesting! Ni-Oh is a game in which you are a ninja (or samurai) from feudal Japan and you just walk around slicing stuff up. Also an interesting concept. And Ikenie To Yuki No Setsuna (provided it even makes it to the west) is an old-style RPG created by a company within Square Enix, the ones that make the Final Fantasy games. At the very least, it promises an interesting story. And of course, there's always the yearly FIFA game.
   So, there you have it! A list of nice little games that I'm looking forward to! It's nice to be back writing again and I'm going to keep it up and diversify it a little! Till next time!!


   
   Edit: I almost completely forgot about another of my most anticipated of this year: Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue. Having been wondering what all the fuss is about since E3 2013, when I saw the trailer for KH 3 that got almost as much buzz as Final Fantasy XV, I decided last year to go out and get the KH 1.5 ReMix on the PS3. And it did not disappoint! So, pretty much since then I've been invested heavily in this series as well. This game is going to be a collection of titles, much like its predecessors on the PS3, 1.5 ReMix and 2.5. There will be 3 titles in this collection: one is called Dream Drop Distance (or 3D), in which you control two characters called Sora and Rikku. The other is called 0.2 Birth By Sleep- A Fragmentary Passage and this one is sort of a "lost episode" from a previous title that was featured in 2.5 called "Birth By Sleep". In "A Fragmentary Passage" you control a character called Aqua. The final one isn't actually a game, but more like a series of cut-scenes from a game. Its name is "χ Back Cover". In order to be able to play this collection, one must have played all the previous Kingdom Hearts titles and this serves as the connection between Kingdom Hearts 2 and Kingdom Hearts 3 that will release sometime next year. The reason why I'm anticipating this one is because I want to see how this series looks on the PS4, despite its cartoony attitude and because of its story. Even though this is a story that involves Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy, not to mention a number of other Disney characters, the KH series can just as easily be enjoyed by an adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment